The PaveDrain® Difference
Why the PaveDrain System
The PaveDrain System is a Permeable Articulating Concrete Block/Mat (P-ACB/M) that creates a performance pavement that integrates the patented arched reservoir to maximize onsite stormwater capacity during extreme storm events.
This improves the typical storm hydrograph and increases environmental performance while reducing stormwater infrastructure costs. The PaveDrain mats can be pre-assembled in a variety of configurations customized for specific applications and installed very quickly with conventional construction equipment.
The PaveDrain System allows for a more natural (vertical) infiltration path, recharging local groundwater and reducing first flush pollutants. By reducing a typical storm hydrograph while also filtering out suspended sediments this combination of Best Management Practices (BMP's) illustrate stellar life-cycle cost savings, clearly making the PaveDrain System a superior choice for effective stormwater management.
- Available in several color options
- Fast, economical installation for intersection construction or retrofits of existing parking lots
- No seams to catch on blades of a snow plow
- Available in multiple mat sizes for customized applications
- Regional manufacturing supporting local economies
- Adaptable to small areas where retention ponds are not practical
The Clean Water Act
As part of the Clean Water Act, the U.S. EPA developed the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) to improve water quality by regulating point source pollution that discharges into water of the U.S. The vast majority of storm water drainage systems are considered to be point sources.